Manual Therapy Certification Curriculum
IAMT has developed a unique curriculum of manual therapy courses specifically designed to provide clinicians with a solid foundation in both examination and treatment. Our curriculum is centered around clinical reasoning skills and is strongly evidence-based. Our teaching model ensures the therapist focuses not only on the source of the patient’s symptoms but also the causative factors. A variety of eclectic manual therapy and exercise interventions are taught by expert clinicians throughout our curriculum with a strong emphasis on patient outcomes and function achieved through constant assessment. The certification program consists of 8 Manual Therapy courses and upon completion candidates will be eligible to sit for IAMT’s COMT exam. These courses may also be taken independent of the certification curriculum.
- Clinical Decision Making for the Manual Therapist
- Lower Quarter Examinations and Treatments
- Lumbo Pelvic Examinations and Treatments
- Upper Quarter Examinations and Treatments
- Exercise Prescription
- Cervico Thoracic Examinations and Treatments
- Medical Screening
- Myofascial Treatment and Taping Applications
- Certification Exam (COMT)
IAMT provides advanced specialty courses that encompass a variety of manual therapy and sports medicine topics including: Advanced Upper Extremity Sports Medicine, Advanced Lower Limb Sports Medicine, Manual Therapy Toolkit, Dry Needling, Pelvic Floor for the Manual Therapist and many others. We will continue to offer new and exciting educational opportunities through our network of world-renowned experts. For more information on our current panel of talented US and international instructions, please visit the “Our Experts” section of our website www.iamt.org.
- Advanced Lower Limb Sports Physiotherapy
- Advanced Manual Therapy for the Spine
- Advanced Upper Extremity Sports Medicine
- Business Foundations and Principles
- Clinical Reasoning
- COMT Exam Review
- Dry Needling Levels 1, 2 & 3
- Dynamic Taping
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Identifying Clinical Blind Spots
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Manual Therapy Toolkit
- Myofascial Treatment
- Neurodynamics Examination and Treatment
- Neuroscience for the Manual Therapist
- Pelvic Health 1
- Pelvic Health 2
- Shoulder Differentiation
- Taping Techniques and Clinical Applications
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
IAMT Dry Needling Certification
Therapists that successfully complete Dry Needling Level 1, Dry Needling Level 2, and Advanced Dry Needling Level 3 will receive their Certification in Dry Needling (CDNT). Therapists that complete Level 1 and Level 2 will receive a “Certificate of Completion” after each course.
Dry Needling Level 1
This course focuses on dry needling larger muscles throughout the entire body that are commonly present in patients with musculoskeletal injury and allow the practitioner to competently practice fundamental needling techniques. Course includes a written and practical exam.
Dry Needling Level 2
This course focuses on more challenging muscles throughout the entire body also commonly present in musculoskeletal dysfunction, but require a higher level of skill when working near the lung field, nerves, and blood vessels. Course includes a written and practical exam.
Dry Needling Level 3
This course utilizes a case study approach to enhance clinical reasoning skills for the physical therapist and to formulate an integrative plan of care utilizing dry needling, manual therapy techniques and exercise to treat common conditions.